Post Decree Modifications

Columbus Divorce Modifications Attorneys

We Can Help You Make Changes to Your Divorce Agreement

Life changes after a divorce. Even after a court ruling or settlement, you may need to modify a divorce decree to adjust child support or custody arrangements. You may also need help returning to court and asking for help enforcing a ruling made by the judge, such as orders to pay debts, pay support, or to provide you with access to your children.

At the Law Offices of William L. Geary, our Columbus post-decree modifications attorneys can work with you to help the court make these adjustments.

For nearly 25 years, clients have been coming to us with a variety of concerns, including:

  • Unhappiness with a previous attorney’s work
  • Need to stop the other parent’s non-compliance with a court order
  • Termination or modification of spousal and child support
  • Request for re-allocation of parental rights

Just because an action for divorce, dissolution, or legal separation has ended does not mean that you will never have problems or disagreements in the future. Our firm understands Ohio family law. We are familiar with the court system and know how to take action to find solutions quickly when circumstances change.

Schedule a consultation with our experienced divorce modification lawyers in Columbus today by calling (614) 289-1227.

What Can Be Changed in Modification?

Your changing needs may require the following kinds of post-decree modifications:

  • Child support: Your child’s needs may change. Parents sometimes experience employment changes or illness. Sometimes opportunities — like private school education — arise. Our firm is experienced and familiar with Ohio law; we can help you make these modifications.
  • Spousal support: We have years of experience helping clients increase or decrease spousal support. Clients often approach us because they are not making as much money as they were previously. Sometimes they have been injured, downsized, or transferred out of their company. The Law Offices of William L. Geary can help you make changes according to your needs.
  • Child custody: When one parent moves or a child’s needs change, child custody modifications are often required. We can answer your questions about how Ohio family law views these changes. We examine the reasons behind the change and issues regarding the suitability of the other parent. Sometimes these circumstances necessitate the appointment of a guardian ad litem in the post-decree modification process.

Contact the Law Offices of William L. Geary to set up a meeting with one of our dedicated post-decree modification attorneys in Columbus.

Why Choose Our Team?
  • Resolving family law disputes with care
  • Advocating for your legal rights
  • Protecting your family's best interests
  • Compassionate guidance through challenging times

Hear From Our Clients

  • I would highly recommend Mr. Geary

    Teresa D.
  • "I cannot say enough great things about Brittany and The Law Offices of William L. Geary."
    Cory B.
  • Excellent professionals!

    Carla Z.
Free Consultations Available

Contact Us to Arrange a Consultation

Contact the Ohio Law Offices of William L. Geary today to discuss your family law concerns with an experienced and dependable divorce attorney. We are committed to getting to know you and involving you in the preparation and presentation of your case at every stage of the process.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter your response
  • Please enter your response.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy