Columbus Lawyers Guiding Clients through Family Matters
Focused Exclusively on Family Law
At the Law Offices of William L. Geary, our legal team offers knowledgeable guidance and dedicated representation in all the major areas of divorce. For more nearly 25 years, our firm has been providing clients with professional, committed, and highly personalized representation.
Our firm focuses entirely on the practice of family law. Our Columbus family law attorneys are adept at helping clients identify their goals pursuing comprehensive legal solutions. We help you address your family law concerns now while preparing you for your future.
Divorce & Child Custody Process
Marriages can be ended in a number of ways, ranging from a simple dissolution proceeding to a contentious, prolonged courtroom battle. No matter the circumstances, our firm is fully prepared to handle your case.
We will support you through all aspects of your divorce or the marital termination process, including:
- Alimony or spousal support
- Child custody and visitation, including grandparents’ rights and relocation issues
- Child support
- Mediation services
- Post-decree modifications
- Multistate and international jurisdiction issues
- Guardian Ad Litem
- Abuse, neglect, or dependency of a child
Focused on Resolving Financial Complexities
Our firm has a particular focus on the complex issues our clients face in divorce where high-value property division and significant assets or income are involved.
We provide experienced legal advice and are supported by a team of respected business and financial professionals regarding:
- Closely held business interests, such as family-owned businesses
- Protecting professional practices, such as law firms, medical practices, and consulting partnerships in divorce
- Preserving investments in divorce, including stocks, bonds, and offshore accounts
- Tax planning regarding all financial aspects of divorce
- Commingled assets with a special focus on second marriages
- Retirement vehicles, such as IRAs, 401(k)s, pensions, and other retirement accounts
- Allocation of debt and credit card balances
- Prenuptial and premarital agreements as a tool for clarifying both parties’ legal and financial position
From a planning standpoint, our practice offers valuable resources to individuals looking toward the future. The potential complications involved in subsequent marriages may be greatly reduced by following the straightforward legal advice you receive from at the Law Offices of William L. Geary.
Contact Us to Discuss Your Family Law Concerns
Our Columbus family lawyers work hard to protect our clients’ interests by developing a comprehensive strategy that addresses your needs and furthers your goals for yourself and your family. We help people throughout Ohio, including Dayton and Marion.
Custody to Unrelated Couple
Child Support Enforcement Agency’s Payment of Attorney Fees to Our Client
Custody to Father (Child Relocated from Japan)
Retrieval of Children Who Had Been Taken from State and Hidden from Father