Columbus Family Law Lawyer
Understanding Ohio's Family Law Practice Areas
Marriages can be ended in a number of ways, ranging from a simple dissolution proceeding to a contentious, prolonged courtroom battle. No matter the circumstances, our firm is fully prepared to handle your case.
We will support you through all aspects of your divorce or the marital termination process, including:
- Alimony or spousal support
- Child custody and visitation, including grandparents’ rights and relocation issues
- Child support
- Mediation services
- Post-decree modifications
- Multistate and international jurisdiction issues
- Guardian Ad Litem
- Abuse, neglect, or dependency of a child
Contact the Law Offices of William L. Geary by calling (614) 289-1227 to arrange a consultation.
Focused on Resolving Financial Complexities
Our firm has a particular focus on the complex issues our clients face in divorce where high-value property division and significant assets or income are involved.
We provide experienced legal advice and are supported by a team of respected business and financial professionals regarding:
- Closely held business interests, such as family-owned businesses
- Protecting professional practices, such as law firms, medical practices, and consulting partnerships in divorce
- Preserving investments in divorce, including stocks, bonds, and offshore accounts
- Tax planning regarding all financial aspects of divorce
- Commingled assets with a special focus on second marriages
- Retirement vehicles, such as IRAs, 401(k)s, pensions, and other retirement accounts
- Allocation of debt and credit card balances
- Prenuptial and premarital agreements as a tool for clarifying both parties’ legal and financial position
From a planning standpoint, our practice offers valuable resources to individuals looking toward the future. The potential complications involved in subsequent marriages may be greatly reduced by following the straightforward legal advice you receive from at the Law Offices of William L. Geary.
Resolving family law disputes with care
Advocating for your legal rights
Protecting your family's best interests
Whether you have questions or you’re ready to get started, our legal team is ready to help. Complete our form below or call us at (614) 289-1227.